CAREER IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT AFTER 12TH
Hotel Management is an Industry which is taking over Indian Market and giving a wide area of employment opportunities for the students. With globalization at its best, this field has taken an International base with wide areas of specialization. As small, big hotels are opening, a requirement of trained hotel management professionals are increasing globally, thus making it a lucrative profession.
It is a glamorous career but on the other side, it is one of the most challenging professions around the world. It requires a professional who can be very calm in every situation.
Hotel Management includes various working areas such as
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Hospital Administration
- Hotel and Tourism Association
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Forest Lodges
- Club Management
- Guest Houses etc.
Job Opportunities in Hotel Management
As we mentioned earlier, Hotel Management is amongst the hottest career option globally at the moment. This sector is an integral part of the proper growth of National as well as the International economy. Currently, there are more than 3 million people are working in Hotel Management industry around the world. As per the latest report, around 10 million workforces will include in this industry in the next 5 to 7 years. Trained Hotel Management professionals can find ample job opportunities in hotels. One can work in different departments related to hotel industry like front office, operations, accounting, sales and marketing, food and beverages and many more.
Besides Hotels and Restaurants, candidates can get job opportunities in Forest Lodges, Clubs, Airlines and Cabin Services, Guest Houses, Resorts, Railways, Banks, Shipping Companies, Entrepreneur.
And, the career is not just limited to the chef or reception profile; there is a wide range of job profile comes under the hospitality industry.
- Executive Chefs
- Floor Supervisor
- Front office manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Marketing & Sales Manager
- Restaurant and Food Service Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Assistant manager
Is Hotel Management Courses After 12th, A Better Career Choice?
Here comes a big question; is hotel management the best career option after 12th?
- The Lalit Hotels
- The Park Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Marriott International
- Radisson Blue Hotels
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Shangri La Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotel Groups
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
Hotel Management Courses Fee Structure
Fee structure of Hotel Management courses varies from institute to institute.
- The average fee structure of different Hotel Management courses is 2 to 8 lakh for full-time courses and
- 30k to 2 lakh for distance learning courses.
- For Postgraduate courses, candidates have to score at least 50% marks in graduation.
- Again, Hotel Management institutes and colleges conduct entrance exams to pursue courses like CAT, MAT, GMAT, and AIMS ATMA.
- You may also have to clear GD and Personal Interview organized by different institutes.
- For full-time postgraduate courses in Hotel Management, the fee structure is between 1.2 to 7 lakh.
- While for distance learning courses, fee structure would be 30k to 75k.
Top Hotel Management Colleges In India 2018
Below mention colleges are the top Hotel management colleges in India –
- Institute of Hotel Management Pusa
- Institute of Hotel Management Mumbai
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration Karnataka
- Institute of Hotel Management, Maharashtra
- Institute of Hotel Management Banglore
- Christ College Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management Hyderabad
- Amrapali Institute of Hotel Management, Haldwani
- Institute of Hotel Management Gwalior
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition, Ahmedabad
- Jagannath Institute of Management Science, Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition
- Rizvi College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Mumbai
- Hotel & Catering Management Institute, Chandigarh
- A.Rangoonwala Institute of Hotel Management and Research, Pune
- Advanced Information & Management Studies (AIMS), Bengal
Admission Procedure in Hotel Management Courses After 12th
Admission procedure in hotel Management courses may differ across the institute. Some of the top institutes select students through an entrance test followed by personal interview. Some colleges select students on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying exams. Admission procedure for hotel management courses as follows.
- First of all, candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
- Students must clear 10+2 exam with minimum 50 % marks in any stream, to get admission in UG Courses.
- All the Hotel Management institutes in India organize entrance tests for the students to take admissions.
- For Bachelors courses like BHM (Bachelors in Hotel Management), B.Sc. in Hotel Management, you have to clear various entrance tests including JEE, AIMA, UGAT, NCHMCT, IIHM E-CHAT.
- Apart from the above-mentioned tests, there are a number of other entrance tests including IPU CET BHMCT, Oberoi Step in, UPSEE BHMCT and IHA.
- There are numerous popular Hotel Management institutes in India from where students can pursue the course.
- Some of them include IHM Guwahati, DAIHM Chandigarh, IHM Delhi, IHM Bhopal, IHM Bengaluru, SIHM Kozhikode and SRM IHM Chennai.
Top Hotel Management Placement Companies After Completing Course
- Jaypee Group of Five Star Hotels and Resorts
- Taj Hotel
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
- Welcome heritage hotel
- Le Méridien Hotels
- Casino Group of Hotels
- Fortune Group of Hotels
- ITC Hotels
- Clarks Inn Hotels
- Holiday Inn Group of Hotels
This is just a list of hotels in India, and there are some international hotel chains too; let’s have a look.
- Accor Hotels
- Hilton Hotel Groups
- Wyndham Hotel Group
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Marriott International, Inc
- Meliá Hotels International
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Jin Jiang International Hotel Management Co. Ltd